Positive Tracks helps youth create change using the power of athletics. We call it “sweating for good”. Our nationwide programs merge the power of sports, athletic activity and play with social change work because we believe that something as simple as a kickball tournament can ignite critical conversations, mobilize communities, and foster the basic framework of youth activism. To date, we've helped 81,586 Positive Trackers turn 407,585 miles of athletic activity into advocacy, activism and $11.5 Million for causes shaping our future.
Positive Tracks believes in the power and importance of youth voice. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to create programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity, and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization.
The Director of Development & Stewardship helps build the strategic direction and leads overall management of fundraising operations across individual, corporate, foundation, and event funding sources. Managing a grant writing consultant and a database consultant, this individual is responsible for growing the organization's current budget of about $1.3 million. The Director of Development & Stewardship will serve as a key representative of Positive Tracks, engaging a broad spectrum of funders and supporters as the organization continues to grow and diversify its revenue streams. This individual will report to the COO and work closely with the CEO and Board of Directors, helping Positive Tracks deliver on its ambitious goal to engage 1 million youth in Sweating For Good by 2030.
Who You Are:
· Commitment to positive youth development and social change work.
· Passion for Fundraising & Stewardship: You have deep knowledge of both the art and science of fundraising and have a proven track record as a fundraiser in dynamic and growing organizations.
· Event Planner: You have experience managing events and working across teams to manage coordination and execution.
· Strong Manager: You have a track record supporting high performers who are experts in their areas. You can be a thought-partner while also ensuring results.
· Self Starter: You have a hunger to make things happen, and pay close attention to details, deadlines and goals. You have a rigorous work ethic and strong writing skills.
· Prioritize Integrity: We will be transparent, honest and accountable to our teammates, to our supporters, and most importantly, to the youth we serve and work alongside.
· Collaborative Team Player: Positive Tracks fosters a collaborative learning culture that nurtures continual positive growth and encourages mindfulness, vulnerability, and patience and a "go team" mindset in the face of adversity.
· Whole Self: We strive to ensure that all youth and team members feel welcome and invited to show up as their full selves because we know that unique human experiences and diverse perspectives strengthen Positive Tracks as an organization.
· Courageous Thinker: Both internally and externally, we aspire to be an organization that speaks with honesty, makes bold choices and disrupts inequity.
· Joy: We create a culture that encourages laughter, play, imagination and creativity but respect that this looks different for everyone.
What You'll Do:
· Lead development and execution of a comprehensive annual fundraising strategy in alignment with Positive Tracks’ strategic plan, values, and organizational vision and goals;
· In partnership with the Board Development Committee, build a pipeline of prospective funders for Positive Tracks by researching, identifying, and cultivating new corporate, foundation, and individual prospects;
· Work in partnership with CEO as primary "out the door" fundraiser;
· Personally manage a portfolio of current and prospective individual, foundation, and corporate donors;
· In partnership with CEO, serve as a lead staff member in the organization and execution of Positive Tracks fundraising events, including our participation in peer-to-peer athletic fundraising events;
· Actively manage database and grant writing consultants;
· As a Positive Tracks spokesperson, display deep youth civic engagement competency through words and actions both internally and externally, including a full embrace of social media;
· As the Development team expands, oversee the hiring, managing, mentoring, and evaluation of highly talented staff, fostering an environment of commitment, passion, and professionalism, all connected to our Values;
· Work in partnership with our Communications Director to support external communications efforts focused on fundraising activities, stewardship and reporting;
· Actively partner with the CEO and board leadership to coordinate board engagement and giving and related events;
· Actively support the Board Development Committee as staff lead;
· Build and ensure the efficient use of fundraising systems and processes, and oversee accurate and timely reporting;
· Build and oversee stewardship plan for all existing supporters, donors, volunteers and partners.