Executive Leadership Coach (CONTRACT)
The Holdsworth Center
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 78746
Country: United States
The Holdsworth Center is a non-profit organization founded and largely funded by Charles Butt, Chairman and CEO of H-E-B, a regional retail company. Our mission is to impact, over time, the quality of K-12 public education for all Texas students by supporting and developing leaders. Based in Austin, Texas, our campus and programs are being developed in honor of Charles’ mother, Mary Elizabeth Holdsworth Butt, who was an educator, a philanthropist, and a lifelong champion for social justice.
We partner with public school districts over five years to help them grow outstanding leaders at all levels so that staff thrive, and students excel in every classroom. At Holdsworth, we believe leadership isn’t just about titles. We make a deep investment in leaders at both the district and campus levels, including teachers who lead students in the classroom and influence and lead their colleagues.
The Holdsworth Center is seeking Executive Leadership Coaches who share a deep commitment to our mission and whose experience and vision will deepen our capacity and enhance our impact as we aim to be of service to public school districts across the state of Texas.
Contract Executive Leadership Coaches will work in a team that is overseen by the Director of Coaching to provide executive coaching for principals as part of our Campus Leadership Program (CLP). Alongside other Executive Leadership Coaches and CLP staff, you will guide principals through a one-year executive coaching experience to make significant and sustainable progress towards their personal leadership goals.
You must have a strong desire to help Leaders in our programs thrive in their careers and lead their campuses effectively. We are looking for individuals who share our passion for developing leadership in public education in order to increase excellent and equitable outcomes for all students.
As a Contract Executive Leadership Coach, your job will be to provide executive coaching to CLP principals on an approximate bi-weekly basis, helping them to identify personal leadership goals and implement personal growth plans. While the majority of executive coaching is conducted by phone or video-conference, this role does contain some expectations for travel in Texas due to school visits for the principals you coach and other events where your presence is required.
This role is a part-time, contractual role for the next academic year, with both the hope that you would consider a new contract to work with new CLP principals after this contract ends and the possibility of becoming a full-time role in the future, if desired. For this one-year contract, we expect all Executive Leadership Coaches to commit to providing coaching for principals via telephone or video-conference; conducting two school visits per principal; and participating in professional development, meetings, and networking around coaching. A typical contract for June 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022 will include:
- Attendance at CLP cohort sessions when required (if held in-person, at The Campus on Lake Austin, or if virtual, through videoconferencing software):
- 2021 – July 7-8; July 14-15; Sept 13-17
- Coaching ~6-14 principals across the state of Texas ~twice a month:
- ~Twenty-two 50-minute coaching sessions per principal, plus 50 minutes for prep and/or follow-up notes, which is ~37 hours per principal
- Face-to-face and virtual professional development and networking as a coaching team (5 days)
Contract value will range from $24,350 to $55,150 (approximately $175 per coaching session, inclusive of prep and follow-up time), depending on the number of principals coached, plus travel expenses for school visits. We are seeking coaches who can take on a minimum of six principals and our maximum coaching contract is 14 principals.
- Establish and maintain key relationships with Leaders and Holdsworth staff
- Draw on personal experience and academic concepts to deliver highly engaging and thought-provoking executive coaching sessions
- Provide executive coaching to principals participating in the Campus Leadership Program that effectively supports principals to make significant and sustainable progress on their personal leadership goals
- Continuously work to improve the coaching skills of yourself and the team and support processes for assuring all executive coaching delivered through Holdsworth is of the highest quality
- Work with talented, mission-driven peers in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Desirable candidates will have a range of prior experience and capabilities to include:
- Strong alignment with organizational values—Drive for Excellence & Equity, Be of Service, Believe in People
- Demonstrated commitment to and engagement in learning and actions to promote equity, including conversations about race
- Significant experience delivering a challenging and supportive executive coaching experience to leaders of organizations that both helps them make progress on their own leadership goals and serves as a model of outstanding coaching practice
- Experience in a leadership development role (any sector) where the coaching client is separate from the organization paying for and measuring the impact of the coaching
- Ability to synthesize complex information
- Self-motivated individual who demonstrates initiative without waiting for direction, openness to receiving feedback from peers and Holdsworth staff, and deep curiosity and motivation to learn coupled with a strong results-orientation
- Credibility with school principals and working knowledge of the education landscape in Texas, including knowledge of the context within which our principals work
- Ability to work well in a team environment, establish good rapport at all levels of the organization, collaborate with others and work with and relate to people from diverse backgrounds
- Flexibility; ability to adapt to an ever changing, growing organization
- Ability to travel for events and school visits
Less than $60k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
How to apply
Interested candidates can submit a current resume and a cover letter detailing their interest in this Contract Executive Leadership Coach position and the work of The Holdsworth Center by clicking here: Executive Leadership Coach application.
Applications are due no later than February 5, 2021. If selected for the interview process, next steps are tentatively scheduled to begin late February/early March. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
The Holdsworth Center is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert