Major Gifts Officer
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Healthcare
Postal code: 53203
Country: United States
To be a relentless champion for people affected by HIV and do all we can to help them thrive, because we believe every person has value and should be treated with respect.
The Major Gifts Officer is a full-time position that requires a collaborative and entrepreneurial fundraising professional to help Vivent Health deepen and develop a robust and sustainable philanthropic development program in Wisconsin. The ideal candidate will have strong major giving experience. The MGO is joining a development team at a critical time in its growth and expansion to new prospects. The MGO will be responsible to deepen existing donor relationships and identify and helping to cultivate new potential donors.
- Manages a portfolio of 100-120 prospects who have the capacity to give $25,000 or more.
- Develops individual engagement strategies for top prospects and methodically works to engage them through qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Helps to secure funding from private philanthropy
- Identifies top major gift prospects and Annual Fund prospects from within and outside Vivent Health’s network
- Involves and manages Senior Leadership as necessary in face-to-face cultivation, solicitation, renewal, and stewardship actions for regional top major donors and prospects
- Manages and updates portfolio though proper database management ensuring all prospect activities and communications are accurately entered into Raiser’s Edge in a timely manner
- Other appropriate duties, as required.
- A minimum of four (4) years of prior individual giving or relative experience with a proven track record of success.
- Comfort working remotely with diverse stakeholders and within a pluralistic environment required.
- Strong Microsoft Office and PC proficiency required.
- Ability to travel.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- A strategic thinker who works well independently, but enjoys contributing to the team’s overall success.
- Ambition to work in a metrics-driven environment and is motivated by setting goals and reaching fundraising targets.
- This individual must adhere to the highest ethical standards, demonstrate empathy and perseverance, reflect an optimistic attitude in representing Vivent to external stakeholders, and convey sensitivity to the needs of donors.
- Sensitivity to and knowledge of HIV/AIDS issues.
- Previous portfolio management experience strongly preferred.
- Previous experience using Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, or comparable database software preferred.
- Direct mail experience preferred.
$90k - 100k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please formally apply through our website at https://hr.viventhealth.org/careers/Careers.aspx?req=2020-DEV-004&type=JOBDESCR .
For any questions, please contact Ally Thiel, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at [email protected] or 414-225-1524.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert