The Livermore Lab Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing scientific research and inspiring the next generation of scientists and engineers to help ‘open the door’ to a better future for all. To achieve its mission, LLF seeks philanthropic support for research initiatives and STEM education programs in partnership with Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL).
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Associate will help fulfill the Foundation’s fundraising, program, and operational goals as it continues to grow. As a new position in the organization, the Associate will have the opportunity to help refine the development function, including donor relations and stewardship, marketing and communications, direct mail appeals, and special events. The position requires a self-motivated professional who exercises the highest level of discretion and can work independently while coordinating with team members located in multiple locations. Our ideal candidate is familiar with the challenges and opportunities of managing a small nonprofit, interested in taking their advancement skills to the next level, and is committed to LLF’s mission. Note: This is a 15-hour, flexible work week position, with the potential of additional hours as needed. Salary commensurate with experience.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Support management of the Foundation’s customer relationship management (CRM) system (Neon donor database) to ensure that constituents, communications and gifts are properly documented and updated.
• Manage donor accounts and track gift records, supporting team in ensuring appropriate stewardship and communication, including coordination and execution of timely email and print correspondence.
• Perform ongoing tasks using the CRM (e.g., donation processing, monthly reporting/reconciliation, weekly duplicate scans, acknowledgment letters, list sharing with MailChimp newsletter audience).
• Conduct preliminary research on relevant corporate, government and foundation grant opportunities, and help screen/qualify individual donor prospects.
• Help design and implement an ongoing process for identifying grant opportunities, including research, proposal submissions, and tracking documents in compliance with reporting requirements.
• Coordinate production and mailing of year-end appeal letters and other campaigns as directed.
Administrative and Operating Support
• Organize and maintain records and shared online file storage for LLF programs and operations, including administrative policies and procedures, membership and subscription renewals, invoices, and other legal and financial compliance requirements.
• Handle all administrative details associated with LLF-hosted events (e.g., Board meetings, STEM student programs, speaker panels, etc.), including preparing and distributing notices, agendas, minutes, and ordering LLF-branded merchandise as needed.
• Regularly update Foundation’s public web content (news stories, Flickr albums, etc.)
• Monitor and maintain office and marketing supply inventory such as letterhead, business cards and annual reports.
• Participate in weekly staff meetings (currently via Zoom) and remain available at least 1-2 hours each work day for time sensitive tasks.
• Work collaboratively with LLNL colleagues, LLF consultants and community partners to execute special events and projects.
• Provide additional administrative support for the Executive Director and Board members as needed.