Vice President of Program
Connecticut Health Foundation
Position Type: Full-Time
Primary domain: Healthcare
Postal code: 06103
Country: United States
CT Health’s mission is to improve the health of people in Connecticut and the organization’s vision is that Connecticut’s next generation will be free from racial and ethnic health disparities.
(CT Health) believes everyone deserves the opportunity to be as healthy as possible, regardless of race, ethnicity, or socioeconomic status. CT Health focuses on advancing health equity by eliminating racial and ethnic health disparities through strategic grantmaking to create systems change through multiple channels, including identifying new ways to deliver care, developing policy research that finds solutions to the most pressing problems, and investing in community leadership to create more equitable systems.
At this critical juncture for both public health and racial equity, CT Health is seeking an experienced leader to serve as Vice President of Program. The VP of Program, in coordination with the President and CEO and VP of Finance and Operations, sets the foundation’s programmatic strategy, which includes grantmaking, communications, policy, leadership, and evaluation. Additionally, the VP of Program will manage a talented staff to support the continued evolution of the Foundation’s approach that balances a community-centric and community-driven strategy with more traditional policy work. This is an exciting opportunity to lead and shape ongoing and future programmatic strategy to advance health equity.
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of philanthropic expertise and knowledge of public and population health, health systems, health policy and health equity as well as a deep commitment to advancing racial justice and equity. While no one candidate will embody all the qualifications enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences:
Content Knowledge, Field Leadership and Commitment to Equity
- Demonstrated experience in the health field with specific focus on health equity. An advanced degree in a health-related or non-profit management field and a minimum of ten or more years of experience in philanthropy, health or human services, public health, and/or policy development.
- General knowledge of philanthropy, pressing public health issues, effective communications, and policy and advocacy landscape, especially in Connecticut.
- Passionate about the mission of CT Health; dedicated to achieving health equity for people of color paired with the ability to build energy around CT Health’s programs and encourage others to support its goals.
Organizational Leadership & Management
- An outstanding relationship builder with a track record of successfully collaborating with a broad and diverse range of communities and individuals.
- A team-builder who can capitalize on the diverse strengths and perspectives of board and staff; ability to prioritize and delegate multiple activities and responsibilities with flexibility and diplomacy.
- Proven ability to lead and engage in strategic planning processes grounded in an ability to think critically, objectively, analytically, and strategically, to set priorities; vision, innovation, and dexterity to conceptualize programs, originate ideas, and anticipate and act on events that may create opportunities for CT Health.
- Proven managerial, operations, financial, problem solving, networking, and organizational development experience; seasoned team leader who is committed to developing and nurturing talent.
Values Alignment and Interpersonal Qualities
- Strong communication skills, including well-developed public speaking skills for both formal and extemporaneous presentations; ability to represent CT Health to a diversity of audiences.
- Deep commitment to equity and the historical context that has led to health disparities and racial injustice; sophistication to work in partnership with different cultures and contexts.
- Confident, trustworthy, and straightforward; an active listener. Emotionally mature and grounded, with a sense of humor to maintain balance and perspective.
The targeted compensation range for the Vice President of Program role is $160,000-175,000. CT Health also offers a competitive benefits package that includes robust health/medical coverage, life insurance, disability, 401(k) match after one year and professional development allocation, generous vacation, sick and personal time-off.
$155k - 175k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
More information about the Connecticut Health Foundation may be found at: cthealth.org
CT Health is partnering with Carolyn Ho
, Cara Pearsall
, and Andres Marcuse-Gonzalez
on this search. Due to the pace of this search, candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Candidates may submit their cover letter, outlining their interest and qualifications, along with their resume via NPAG’s candidate portal
The Connecticut Health Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert