Policy and Advocacy Manager- Europe
Position Type: Full-Time
Primary domain: Advocacy/Social Action
Postal code: 80997
State: Outside the USA
About the Internet Society
The Internet Society is a global non-profit organization that works to protect the Internet as a place of opportunity. We connect and empower communities to ensure the Internet remains trustworthy—open, globally connected, secure, and a resource for good in the world. We believe the Internet is for everyone. But it’s more than just a privilege; it’s our responsibility to improve it.
We mobilize technologist, end users, potential users, policymakers, government agencies and institutional and corporate partners to defend and promote the collaborative inter-networking, technical standards, and protocols that grow and strengthen the Internet.
If you believe in the power and possibility of the Internet, be part of our mission.
The Internet Society (ISOC) is seeking a Policy and Advocacy Manager in Europe to join our expert staff. This person will advance the Internet Society’s global Internet policy and advocacy objectives with a particular focus on advocacy in Europe.
This position will join the Internet Society’s global team of project expert staff in the Office of Resource and Skill Management and will be assigned to work on ISOC’s Internet Projects to Grow and Strengthen the Internet worldwide.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with Internet policy expertise, advocacy skills and recent government experience. This person will support ISOC’s advocacy goals in Europe and will contribute to our efforts to build a stronger global Internet.
The Policy and Advocacy Manager should have a passion for the Internet and the core principles and mission of the Internet Society along with substantial knowledge of Internet public policy issues in Europe.To be successful, this candidate will be a team player, a self-starter and a creative thinker.
This is a 2 year employment term.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the execution of ISOC’s policy goals and objectives across a wide range of projects and policy issue areas such as access regulations, encryption, intermediary liability regulation, and the open Internet.
- Position the Internet Society’s policy agenda strategically in Europe with policymakers, partners and related stakeholders.
- Work with internal teams to mobilize partners and community members to advocate for policy changes.
- Provide policy information and analyses, both verbally and in writing, to internal leadership as well as policymakers, advocates, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Represent the Internet Society in a variety of settings, including with governments, regional and international policy and technical fora, civil society and the private sector in a manner that maintains the high standards of the Internet Society.
- Prepare position papers and other policy documents such as blogs, stories, fact sheets, press releases, and reports.
- Other duties as assigned
- Masters in International Relations, Public Policy, Political Science, Law or related field, or equivalent experience highly desired
- 2-3 years of relevant experience, preferably experience working in a related Ministry or government agency.
- Knowledge of Internet-related policy topics such as access regulations, encryption, intermediary liability regulation, and the open Internet.
- Self-starter with a collaborative working style.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in English is required. Proficiency in additional languages is desired.
- Travel: Once conditions permit, this person will be expected to travel.
- Commitment to the Internet Society’s mission, values and objectives.
- Experience working with a Globally distributed workforce and ability to work across time zone.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability interact positively in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Compensation and benefit package for this position will be competitively commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications.
Applications will be evaluated until the position has been filled. The list of applicants will not be posted publicly and will be reviewed in confidence by members of the evaluation committee.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply at this link:
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert