REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
● Minimum 6 years of experience in a grant writing or development role, especially writing new grant proposals and concept notes for institution-wide support
● Exceptional writing, editing and oral communication skills
● Budgeting – ability to forecast and track revenue and expenses for all foundation and corporate relations activities.
● Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exits. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form. Ability to prioritize activities and organize duties and assignments.
● Ability to identify and research prospective major, corporate and foundation donors using all available resources including foundation center databases.
● Strong ability to compose letters and other printed materials
● Extreme attention to detail
● Diplomatic with strong interpersonal skills
● Able to complete projects in a timely manner without supervision
● Familiar with nonprofit organizations and funders
● Highly organized and resourceful
● Proactively looks for ways to avert or solve problems
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
● Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited university, with a minimum of six years training/experience in a sophisticated fundraising environment, including grant writing, online donors, fundraising events, and corporate and foundation activities
MANDATORY PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Sound judgement and unquestionable integrity
- Team player, committed to PE’s mission and culture of prioritizing the team above the self
- Proactivity to develop and improve skills and experience
- Self-motivation, action-orientation and foresight
- Willingness to go the extra mile when needed to meet PE standards
- Adaptability to make adjustments on the fly and maximize available resources