Budget and Grants Analyst
Position Type: Full-Time
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 02140
Country: United States
TERC is a nonprofit made up of teams of math and science education and research experts dedicated to innovation and creative problem solving. At the frontier of theory and practice, TERC’s work encompasses research, content and curriculum development, technology innovation, professional development, and program evaluation. TERC has a passion for social justice and strives to create level playing fields for all learners, reaching more than three million students every year.
To learn more, please visit www.terc.edu.
Summary of Duties:
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and working closely with TERC’s principal investigators (PIs) and Administrative Coordinators, you will play a pivotal role in the development and submission of research proposals; proposal budgets and all administrative content of proposals; stay informed of changes in funders’ requirements, rules and regulations; and process contracts and subawards. Working closely with the CFO, you will assist in the development, coordination, tracking and analysis of the organization’s annual budget, monthly financial reports, and grant reports. You will serve as the primary information and operations resource for TERC’s pre- and post-award support for federal grants and contracts.
Reporting to the CFO, acting with a high degree of collaboration, and general supervision, performs the following:
- Assists in the preparation of research proposals including the development and review of budget and budget justification documents; ensures alignment with proposal plan and with solicitation’s guidelines.
- Assists project staff with project budget tracking and grant reports
- Updates and maintains FileMaker proposal database; compiles monthly proposal and award reports for the CFO and President.
- Supports the CFO in the development, coordination, tracking and analysis of the annual budget for the organization.
- Supports the CFO in monthly Financial Statistical Report to President
- Using guidelines and templates developed by the Finance Department, works with the PIs to develop subawards and independent contractor agreements and monitor throughout their term.
- Coordinates and manages pre- and post- award subrecipients monitoring process.
- Assist with financial reconciliations, ad hoc financial reports, board meeting prep, and the financial audit.
- Undertake special projects as appropriate
Work will begin remotely; once we return to the office you will work primarily in the Cambridge office.
TERC actively seeks to diversify its staff and places a high priority on developing and retaining a staff that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We encourage people from all backgrounds, identities, and abilities to apply. Please read our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Statement to learn more about TERC’s mission and commitment to excellence and growth as an organization that serves the education community.
- A minimum of BS/BA is required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years related experience in a Grant Coordinator/Data Analyst/Accounting environment.
- Excel spreadsheet experience required; budget analysis experience preferred.
- Familiarity with federal not-for-profit regulations, especially with the National Science Foundation preferred.
- Experience with FileMaker preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel; Mac environment experience preferred.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Strong organization, analysis and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines.
List of TERC's Benefits:
- Outside Medical Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Family Care and Crisis Paid Leave
- Allstate Identify Theft Protection Program
- Sick Leave
- Vacation Days
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter by email to [email protected]. No phone calls and no recruiter or agency inquiries please. (Job Ref. #21-01)
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert