We believe, and research shows, that student and stakeholder feedback matters for school improvement and student success. That’s why, in 2008, we created YouthTruth – to help educators harness student and stakeholder feedback to accelerate improvements. We’ve heard from over 1.5 million students as well as thousands family and staff members across 39 states and four countries. When you join YouthTruth, you join a small and collaborative team that has big impact on schools across the U.S and the education sector.
To help deepen YouthTruth’s reach and impact, we are looking for someone to lead all aspects of our digital marketing. Our ideal candidate:
• Is a highly creative graphic and web designer with technical chops to go from concept to collateral.
• Is a self-starter who can work both independently and collaboratively, responsive to feedback and motivated by team goals.
• Has experience effectively interpreting and visually representing data; would be excited to design microsites and PDF reports like this and this.
• Is a detail-oriented project manager who likes to keep things organized and on schedule, but who also can recognize necessary pivot points and iterate accordingly.
• Is a metrics maven who can nerd out on marketing analytics then use that data to inform strategy.
• Is a strong communicator and a collaborative team player who contributes to team culture.
• Is passionate about education and believes in the power of student voice to improve schools.
If this sounds like you, your work would span creative and technical projects like:
• Crafting, executing, and evaluating the success of digital marketing campaigns
• Managing lists and campaigns in our email marketing platform (currently Pardot)
• Managing the website
• Running social media
• Collaborating with the Partnerships team to create tools for our clients (like these)
• Using the Adobe Creative Suite to create beautiful collateral and reports
• Devising new ways to reach and influence our audience
Reporting to YouthTruth’s Deputy Director and receiving support and mentorship from CEP’s Senior Graphic Designer, you would work collaboratively with the YouthTruth Partnerships team as well as staff in other departments at YouthTruth and the Center for Effective Philanthropy (CEP), YouthTruth’s parent nonprofit.
We believe diversity and inclusion are key drivers of creativity and innovation, and we actively seek out candidates from many types of diverse backgrounds to apply for this exciting role.
We have offices in San Francisco, California – where the entire YouthTruth team resides (and enjoys sweeping views of San Francisco bay and the Bay Bridge) – as well as Cambridge, Massachusetts. This role will be based in our San Francisco office. Currently our teams are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is deemed safe to come back to the office.