Open Impact is seeking an Associate Consultant/Analyst to join its team.
You should be:
● A project manager known for your laser-focus, clarity, productivity, and attention to details.
● Able to synthesize qualitative and quantitative data and information into written and visual products that help our teams and clients get to insight and impact.
● An optimistic problem solver able to juggle and prioritize a wide range of parallel projects in different teams, with excellent planning and communication skills, judgment and efficiency.
● A self-starter with an ability to navigate ambiguity, drawn to a start-up environment where ideas, systems and structures are iterated, trial and error are expected, and no job is too big or too small.
● Have knowledge of the nonprofit, philanthropic, and/or investment sectors.
The Associate Consultant/Analyst would work with the firm’s client-facing teams to ensure high quality project execution and develop research content that meets the needs of clients and deliverables. Client projects range from research, strategy, facilitation, and writing. Team make-up can shift depending on the project, but each client team includes an engagement manager who drives the project, a senior partner who provides high-level facilitation and support, and an analyst. Key responsibilities include:
● Project management. Assist in day-to-day execution of a portfolio of consulting projects, which entails:
○ Proposal development. For potential future projects and firm work, draft proposals, scopes of work, and budgets, as needed.
○ Workplans. Develop engagement work plans, timelines, and deliverables.
○ Staffing. Work with client-facing team to ensure effective and on-time project delivery, including coordinating internal and client meetings, setting agendas, managing to deliverable dates.
○ Product development. Draft and edit project documents, reports, and PowerPoint presentations.
○ Project convenings. Coordinate logistics, agenda-setting, execution, and follow-up of workshops, convenings, and events.
● Analysis. For client engagements, synthesize necessary research to identify key insights and ensure robust products. Specific responsibilities may include:
○ Articulate and structure client research in a logical manner; design a method for answering key questions using research/data.
○ Gather, analyze, and synthesize qualitative and quantitative data, including literature scans and online research.
○ Conduct landscape scans and field analyses, using interviews, online research, and database searches.
○ Concisely and clearly communicate synthesis through summaries and products, in written and PowerPoint formats.
○ Proactively communicate to team any obstacles impeding project progression.
○ Review deliverables for accuracy and quality.
● Grant Investment Portfolios. Provide a wide variety of support to various projects that entail developing grant portfolios for clients, including research, sourcing, due diligence, and grants management.
● Special projects. Provide occasional assistance on internal firm projects including research and writing for newsletters, blogs, and other intellectual property related projects.