QUALIFICATIONS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
While no one person will embody all of the qualities enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes and experiences:
• A serious commitment to economic and racial justice.
• 15+ years of relevant experience, including five years of leadership and management experience in a mission-driven, fast-paced, high-performance environment.
• Deep knowledge of at least some areas of AFREF’s policy work, and a demonstrated ability and willingness to learn in additional areas.
• Experience with and enthusiasm for mentorship and staff development; demonstrated commitment to equity, and to responsive, accountable leadership and proactively managing others to take ownership, initiative, and action.
• Exceptional writing skills, including for both general and technical audiences.
• Excellent public speaking skills, and experience dealing with the media.
• Knowledge of the federal legislative and regulatory processes, experience on the Hill or at a Federal Regulatory Agency an asset.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at once, and to adapt to a swiftly changing environment.
• A record of strategic and big picture thinking.
• A law degree or an advanced degree in economics or a related field is an asset but not required.
The salary range for this position is $110k-125k plus benefits and will be determined based on experience and qualifications for the role.