TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Position Type: Full-Time
Function: Information Services/Technology
Primary domain: Education
City: San Francisco
Postal code: 94105
Country: United States
KIPP, the Knowledge Is Power Program, is a non-profit network of 255 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating more than 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students.
Do you have a strong passion for new technology, learning and growing? Do you like helping others? This role is designed to fuel your growth in tech!
As a key member of the IT Operations Team, the Technology Support Specialist will work closely with the rest of the IT team to deliver world-class desktop and application support to KIPP Foundation staff, as well as the teachers, leaders and external partners who leverage our technology. This individual will play a crucial role in supporting our teams as we pursue aggressive goals in service of our students and alumni.
The Technology Support Specialist reports to the Director, IT Operations.
To be successful, the Technology Support Specialist is someone who can use their customer and technical service skills to dazzle while also open to learning new technologies in a mission driven organization.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Help Desk Support
- Monitor and prioritize the help desk queue (email and phone)
- Respond to user support requests in person, virtually and by email
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Research issues while informing end users of status
- Escalate issues to other members of team as needed striving for resolution of all open issues
- Stay current with system information, changes, and updates
- Create end user and internal documentation to proactively reduce number of help desk requests
- Follow existing and develop new standardized processes
New Hire Set-Up and Onboarding/Offboarding Support
- Setup and configure new laptops including imaging and installation of necessary software following standard procedures
- Setup new user accounts and mailboxes in Active Directory and Office 365
- Ensure proper offboarding steps for departing staff members
- Administer Active Directory user accounts
- Provision accounts in Office 365
- Manage group membership permissions
- Participate in the testing and implementation of new hardware and software
- Configure, install, and troubleshoot laptops
- Work with appropriate hardware vendors for warranty work, including ordering, coordinating, and swapping field replaceable units
- Manage IT hardware and software inventory
- Two plus years of relevant tech support experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 Suite
- Microsoft Teams
- Experience supporting cloud applications
- Implementing, maintaining, and supporting Windows 10
- Technical knowledge of laptop hardware, printers, and basic networking
- Bonus Skills:
- Experience utilizing a ticketing system (Zendesk, Remedy, etc.)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (PowerShell)
- Superior customer service skills
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot, solve problems, and support end-users
- Demonstrate ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task well under pressure and possess attention to detail
- Self-directed and results-oriented with an ability to adapt to changing circumstances. Resourceful. Willingness to seek feedback, adapt practices and continuously learn and evolve.
- Demonstrate ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic: remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
- Positive attitude, sense of humor and eagerness to learn
- Passion for KIPP’s mission and values
- Ability to occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds
- Full-Time, exempt role based in the San Francisco office, with potential 5% travel inside the US (post pandemic). Currently, this role is remote with the occasional need to go into our San Francisco office
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: Gathers information from multiple relevant sources and stakeholders when problem-solving. Analyzes, reflects upon, synthesizes, and contextualizes information.
- Achievement Orientation: Follows through on commitments and promises with an appropriate sense of urgency. Demonstrates flexibility when plans or situations change unexpectedly. Effectively adjusts plans to achieve intended outcomes. Demonstrates tenacity, persevering through significant challenges to reach goals.
- Planning and Execution: Methodically backward plans to achieve short- and long-term goals. Accurately scopes and secures resources needed to accomplish projects. Regularly compares actual progress to planned milestones and adjusts plans, accordingly, holding him or herself and others accountable for achieving intended outcomes.
- Self-Awareness: Understands his/her own strengths and weaknesses. Seeks constructive feedback and other opportunities for self-development.
- Continuous Learning: Continuously and humbly seeks opportunities for personal and organizational improvement. Proactively solicits and willingly accepts assistance.
We recognize that our teammates and potential teammates consider a range of factors in their total compensation package (e.g., salary, health benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), work flexibility, team culture, opportunity for development, etc.). We deeply value and appreciate the time candidates invest in our hiring processes and aim to ensure that we provide salaries that are equitable and fair.
We ask for your salary expectations to ensure your expectations are not significantly mismatched with the salary range we have for the role -- so that we make a good use of time on both ends. We will not use your expectations to set your salary if you are hired. The key factors we consider when setting salaries are noted below.Please note KIPP offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation and PTO, 401k retirement plan with both pre- and post-tax options, as well as gym reimbursement, flexible spending account (FSA), and cell phone reimbursement are also offered by KIPP.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
I'm interested KIPP Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
For consideration: Please submit your resume, a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit for this position and your salary expectations.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert