Our vision of a successful candidate is an energetic and self-motivated leader with a successful track record of building long term relationships with philanthropists and soliciting 6 and 7 figure gifts.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Highly energetic professional with a track record of building meaningful relationships with donors/prospects and successfully closing six and seven-figure philanthropic gifts and multi-year pledges.
Proven experience developing cultivation and solicitation strategies; willingness and demonstrated acumen with introductory outreach to prospects.
• Knowledge of fundraising principles, techniques, ethics, understanding of nonprofit environments and experience in building a formal plan to achieve goals.
• Demonstrated productivity and creativity with an aptitude for problem-solving.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively with diverse and demanding constituents using a high degree of tact, diplomacy, and discretion, emphasizing flexibility and professionalism.
• Strong organizational skills, writing and presentation skills and keen ability to relate to donors at all levels required.
• Ability to strategically engage current donors in peer-prospect identification, visits, and gift closings.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with demonstrated proficiency interacting with executives and high-level donors.
• Proven ability to effectively articulate and convey an organization's program attributes, value proposition and case for support verbally and in writing.
• Ability to travel and flexibility to work some nights and weekends.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• 8-10 years of development experience with proven track record of success in major gifts fundraising. Health-related cause experience a plus.
Leadership Style + Characteristics
• Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle numerous projects.
• Collaborative style with the ability to work across departments.
• Focused on an innovative approach to systems and processes with a heavy emphasis on entrepreneurial spirit for FARE's future growth.
• Articulate, excellent communication skills, both verbally and in written communications
• High energy, desire to succeed and fulfill personal and professional goals.
• Impeccable ethics and genuine authenticity.
• Optimistic and positive in all situations. Thrives in relentlessly pursuing the possible and instills a “can-do” attitude in others.