Regional Development Manager East (NY Tri-State or Washington DC)
Position Type: Full-Time
Primary domain: Education
City: New York City or Washington DC
Postal code: 10005
State: New York
Country: United States
"Every Child in School and Learning Well"
Pratham USA is recruiting a Regional Development Manager to assist in designing, implementing and tracking fund development opportunities, specifically for mid-level gifts in the East Region. The East Region consists of chapters in New York Tri-State, Washington DC, Boston and Raleigh. The Development Manager will be based out of the Washington DC or New York Tri-State area and will work closely with Board members, volunteers and the Pratham USA team. The manager will report to the Regional Development Director East based in New York City.
Pratham USA seeks an entrepreneurial individual experienced in fundraising with an exceptional level of personal responsibility, who is adept at conveying our message persuasively to garner financial resources.
- Personally manage and cultivate a portfolio of donors with the aim to establish long term relationships and upgrade them into the mid-level giving tier, as well as into the major gifts giving program.
- Collaborate with the Regional Development Director and communications team to design and implement stewardship and retention strategies for current and lapsed donors; ensure proper benefits administration and recognition.
- Manage chapter boards, including organizing quarterly chapter board meetings, soliciting board commitments and onboarding and offboarding board members in consultation with the Regional Director and Chapter Leadership.
- Strategize and help execute on local galas, salons, and other cultivation events inconjunction with national events team and board committees. Be responsible for fundraising activities at local events.
- Ensure appropriate and consistent donor-centric communications in all materials, such as solicitation, acknowledgement, stewardship, integrated on CRM and customer service. Participate in writing, editing and image sourcing.
- Represent Pratham for local giving opportunities, including corporate employee matching.
- Deliver on special projects and campaigns as needed.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in non-profit development/fundraising required. - Bachelors’ degree, with preference for a Master’s in a related area. Additional related academic courses or professional training preferred.
- Passionate about education and demonstrated empathy for international development.
- Superior interpersonal skills and relationship management experience.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills – including the ability to listen and target communications to specific interests and audiences. - Knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and Google applications required.
- Motivated self-starter who can think critically and solve challenges creatively.
- Ability to work effectively in a results-oriented team environment and meet established deadlines.
- Able to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.
- The role will involve regional travel with evenings and weekend work schedules based on need.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Email a cover letter describing your qualifications and relevant experience, a resume and salary requirements to [email protected].
Pratham is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply for positions within our organization.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert