Social Finance, Inc.
Position Type: Full-Time
Primary domain: Other
Postal code: 02108
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
About Social Finance
Social Finance is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to mobilizing capital to drive social progress. We bring uncommon partners together around a common purpose: to measurably improve the lives of those in need. Through a set of outcomes-based financing strategies called Pay for Success, we work to disrupt the status quo, shifting mindsets to align resources with impact. Throughout our work we strive to uphold our commitment to our values – people, performance, integrity, and collaboration – and to principles of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI).
Our services (social investment, advisory and field building) are grounded in the core principles of Pay for Success: clearly-defined outcomes, data-driven decision making, cross-sector partnership, strong governance and accountability, and catalytic capital for impact. Our social investment teams work with cross-sector partners to design, launch, and manage Social Impact Bonds and Career Impact Bonds. Our advisory practice partners with governments, philanthropy, and nonprofits to implement outcomes-oriented approaches. The Field Building initiative helps advance Pay for Success through market education, publications, events, and research. Across all our work we aim to address the most pressing social challenges in the following areas: Children and Families, Criminal Justice, Education, Economic Mobility, Environment, Health, and Homelessness.
Role and Responsibilities
We are searching for a high-performing administrative assistant to join our team in Boston, Massachusetts. In this role, you will provide direct support to multiple members of our leadership team and (upon return to in-office work) act as the primary receptionist for the Boston office. You will also play a significant role in developing and executing team building activities for the organization. This position is an excellent opportunity to hone your administrative skills and gain significant experience in a growing organization within the impact investing industry and the nonprofit space.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to assigned Leadership team members (to start, this position will support the ‘General Counsel & Managing Director’ and a Vice President of Social Investments, with portfolio intended to grow over first year)
- Manage complex calendars and schedules; proactively identify and address travel and scheduling conflicts; ensure managers are prepared for meetings by gathering materials and briefing them as appropriate
- Build and maintain monthly expense reports
- Input data into Client Relationship Management (CRM) system on behalf of Leadership team members; contribute to CRM system infrastructure as needed
- When travel resumes, research and book complex travel itineraries; be on call to handle last-minute rearrangements in travel as necessary
- As appropriate, support administrative needs of the legal team (e.g., become a master of Docusign and filing contracts)
- Once primary administrative support is achieved, grow portfolio to provide project-level and/or business unit support as needed; examples of former administrative assistants’ work in this area include coordinating distribution of materials to investors and performing secondary research on potential service providers, funders, and investors
- Administrative team responsibilities
- Play a significant role in planning and executing firm-wide team building activities, including virtual events, live events following a return to in-office work, and volunteering events
- Contribute to broader administrative, operations, and IT duties as relevant (e.g., coordinate catering, act as the first line of troubleshooting for office technology, support scheduling for candidate interviews)
· Upon return to in-office work (date TBD), hold primary receptionist duties
- Act as the welcoming face of Social Finance, for all staff, visitors, and callers
- Coordinate visitor arrival with building security; manage room reservations system; greet visitors, ensuring they reach the correct meeting room and connecting with relevant team members to inform them meetings will begin
- Receive deliveries; sort and distribute incoming mail
- Partner with Boston-based administrative team to ensure the cleanliness and organization of the reception area and broader office
We seek a highly motivated candidate who is committed to developing their administrative skillset while fulfilling our firm’s mission and vision.
- 1-2+ years’ administrative experience; experience working for an executive is a plus
- Comfortable working independently, as well as part of a team
- Skilled at managing relationships across time zones and organizational levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite; familiarity with Salesforce a plus
- Interest in and ability to adopt new technologies and platforms with ease
- Strong customer service skills and comfort in a client-facing role
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong flexibility and commitment to growth; excited to respond to the changing needs of managers and the broader needs of the organization
- Ability to stay organized, produce results quickly, and remain poised under pressure
- Ability to anticipate and proactively address the needs of leadership and Social Finance
At Social Finance, we strive to deliver a benefits program that truly enhances the employee value proposition. Our current benefit offerings include:
- Comprehensive health care coverage: medical, dental and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; Employee Healthy Action programs and more
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Short-term, long-term and life insurance policies
- Commuter benefits and cell phone reimbursements
- Dedicated budgets for team building and employee recognition
- Annual budget for external professional development opportunities
- Mentorship and onboarding programs
- A collaborative and energizing workspace in downtown Boston
- Office snacks!
- Paid vacation and paid holidays (with 12/24-1/1 off every year)
- A truly stellar team of high performing, values-driven and fun (!) professionals
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected] (Subject line: Administrative Assistant, Boston). Review of applications will begin immediately. No phone calls please.
Social Finance, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, citizenship, ancestry, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, military status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert