Position Type: Full-Time
Function: General Management
Primary domain: Education
City: New York
Postal code: 10010
State: New York
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Global Kids educates, activates and inspires youth from underserved communities to take action on critical issues facing our world.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Global Kids is a New York City-based nonprofit organization with a mission to educate, activate, and inspire youth from underserved communities to take action on critical issues facing our world. Global Kids develops youth leaders through dynamic global education and leadership development programs, offering school-based, after-school, summer learning, and online/digital media programs that tap into young people's interests and leadership potential. Working primarily with middle and high school youth in NYC and Washington, D.C., Global Kids cultivates critical thinking, academic achievement, and global competency; empowers youth to become human rights activists and community leaders; and sparks an intrinsic desire to make a difference inside and outside of their communities.
Global Kids' programs have reached approximately 13,500 youth and educators through face-to-face programs and approximately 500,000 through youth-produced educational games, videos, blogs, social networks/media, and other projects. The consistent results of Global Kids' programs are extraordinary, including a 99% high school graduation rate despite the multiple challenges faced by youth in underserved communities, with 93% of those graduating seniors attending college.
To learn more about Global Kids, please visit: globalkids.org
ABOUT THE POSITION
After a successful 10 years leading the organization, Global Kids' current Executive Director is moving on to pursue new opportunities. The Board of Directors is now seeking its next Executive Director to lead the organization with a focus on long-term growth and success.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will refine Global Kids' strategic plan and oversee the successful operation of the ~100 person organization. The ED will serve as the organization's lead fundraiser, strengthening relationships with existing funding partners and cultivating new sources of revenue to grow Global Kids' ~$7M budget.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with the Board and staff, refine Global Kids' strategic vision and plan and oversee its implementation
- Oversee all day-to-day operations (including program, fundraising, marketing, communications) and staff, with ultimate accountability for the success of the organization
- Build, mentor, and inspire a high-performing and diverse team, including six direct reports
- Develop proposed annual budget and quarterly financial goals that accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization
- Manage the organization's finances efficiently, ensuring maximum resource utilization and maintaining a positive financial position
- Establish administrative policies and procedures for all functions, as necessary
- Review and approve contracts for services
External Leadership and Fundraising
- Serve as Global Kids' primary spokesperson, enhancing the organization's visibility, brand recognition, and credibility
- Establish and maintain relationships with key partners, including NYC Department of Education and NYC Department of Youth and Community Development; manage those relationships to strategically enhance Global Kids' mission
- Drive fundraising efforts, with a focus on diversifying revenue streams and increasing funding from private sources to support responsible growth in reach and impact
- Maintain an active and visible presence in the community and work closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations
- Act as primary liaison to the Board of Directors; facilitate Board and Committee meetings
- Work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, ensuring effective and timely communication to support informed decision-making
- Leverage the board to increase the overall visibility of the organization and enhance fundraising efforts
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Passion and enthusiasm for the mission of Global Kids
- 10 or more years of nonprofit management experience
- Demonstrated success leading an organization and managing a team through a period of transition
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills
- Track record of successfully driving nonprofit fundraising across a variety of revenue streams, including experience generating new revenue streams
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, and decision-making
- Experience effectively working with a Board of Directors
- Transparent and high integrity leadership style
- Bachelor's Degree
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY: http://on-ramps.com/jobs/2092
Global Kids is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for
employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age,
disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, or
current employment status.
Posted By: On-Ramps
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert