Director of Student Support
Position Type: Full-Time
Primary domain: Mental Health/Crisis Intervention
City: Washington DC
Postal code: 20032
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
We prepare our students for success in college and in life. We set high standards and strive to cultivate a love of learning in every student. We are a place where students can learn, establish deep relationships and prepare to become impactful civic leaders.
Ingenuity Prep prepares PreK, elementary, and middle school students in Ward 8 to succeed in college and beyond as impactful civic leaders. Our innovative instructional model promotes small group learning for students, collaborative teaching teams, and robust coaching and professional development opportunities for teachers. Our teacher career ladder rewards strong performance over time, giving teachers the opportunity to earn higher levels of base compensation and bonuses as they demonstrate effectiveness with their students and colleagues. Our instructional leaders are charged with supporting teachers by providing clear expectations, ongoing feedback, and targeted development.
We are looking for an outstanding Director of Student Supports to help shape our vision of excellence in serving students with disabilities and identified needs, ensure that students are receive the services that meet their unique needs, and provide services to students as needed in the 2021-22 school year. This is an exceptional opportunity for a service provider to combine a leadership role with an opportunity to provide ongoing services
WHAT WE’RE ABOUT
- Mission: We’re closing the opportunity gap. Students and families in Southeast D.C. have too few options for high-quality elementary, middle, and high schools. Ingenuity Prep aspires to right this systemic injustice providing an exemplary educational option for Southeast D.C.’s students and families.
- Model: We pair high expectations with high support. Too often, our students are underestimated. At Ingenuity Prep, an innovative teacher development model, paired with best-in-class training from strong instructional leaders, allows us to grow great teachers who, ultimately, lead high-expectation and high-support classrooms.
- Results: Our students are defying expectations. Ingenuity Prep’s students outperform their neighborhood peers on rigorous, national, college-track assessments. Already out-performing many of their more privileged peers around the city, in the coming years, Ingenuity Prep’s students will provide an expectation-defying and achievement-gap-closing proof point — showing what our kids are capable of when we provide the right opportunities, expectations, and support.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Director of Student Supports will:
- Own responsibility for ensuring that the Student Support Team (SST) meets or exceeds its SY21-22 goals, and oversee execution of all action steps necessary to hit benchmarks.
- Manage and develop the Student Support team by:
- Leading formal weekly meetings and providing actionable feedback that allows team members, including School Psychologists, Social Workers, Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, and a SpED Compliance Associate attain high expectations.
- Regularly reviewing data with the SST.
- Evaluating the performance of all members of the team.
- Advise and support Academy Principals in the development of Special Education Vice Principals.
- Oversee school-wide compliance on service hours, and provide feedback and thought-partnership to case managers on meeting hours.
- Design and oversee execution of a robust professional development plan for SST members; collaborate on professional development opportunities for teachers.
- Serve as the school’s point person for legal matters/counsel associated with our Special Education program.
- Collaborate with the Family and Community Engagement Manager to ensure families served by the SST are getting high quality support that meets their needs.
- Collaborate with other school leaders and all members of the Executive Team, and complete other duties as assigned.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Ingenuity Prep may be the right fit for you if:
- You have at least seven years of combined experience as a lead teacher, service provider, or instructional leader in a low-income school.
- You want to work closely with your peers, and in a school where collaboration is a critical component of the instructional model.
- You want to work in a feedback-rich culture, and are eager to grow your practice as well as the practice of teachers.
- You have deep experience in issues of compliance.
- You have expertise on providing trauma-informed support to students.
- You believe effective instruction is full of joy and rigor.
- You have experience working with Teach Like a Champion techniques, Eureka Math curriculum, Achievement Network Assessments, F&P assessments, STEP Assessments, Every Child Ready curriculum, CLASS Assessments, or Cognitively Guided Instruction (or the ability to learn these tools quickly!).
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and, ideally, a graduate degree in education
MORE ABOUT US
Ingenuity Prep offers among the strongest compensation and benefits packages of any public charter school in Washington, D.C. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Highly competitive compensation.
- 100%% of medical and dental premiums for employees paid for by Ingenuity Prep, along with 100% of dependent premiums.
- 100% of employee’s short and long-term disability and life insurance plans paid for by Ingenuity Prep.
- A minimum of two weeks maternity/paternity leave, up to 6 weeks, at 100% of pay (60% from IP and remaining pay from DC Paid Family Leave )for all staff — regardless of gender.
- A 100% match -- up to 3% -- on your 401K retirement plan.
- A 100% Ingenuity Prep-paid cell phone plan. You can even bring your current number into our plan.
- MacBook Air computer for professional and personal use
Ingenuity Prep does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, veteran status, religion, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law
$90k - 100k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply on our website here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/ingenuityprep/jobs/5043377002
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert