P-TECH Industry Program Manager - Buffalo, NY
Position Type: Full-Time
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 14214
State: New York
Country: United States
The IBM P-TECH Corps is an initiative launched by IBM to support P-TECH schools where IBM serves as lead industry partner. The program puts highly qualified, emerging leaders into P-TECH schools as Industry Program Managers to work with educators, at the high school and college level, and community, state and regional stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes for all students. These positions are paid opportunities over a 2-3 year period and are available in select locations around the world. This role is connected to Lewis J. Bennett High School of Innovative Technology in Buffalo, NY.
The P-TECH Corps is funded and supported by the IBM International Foundation. As a P-TECH Corps member you will be employed by Experis, as a contractor, to the IBM International Foundation.
About the IBM International Foundation
The IBM International Foundation supports award-winning initiatives in education & skills, health, and disaster resilience across 50+ countries, creatively applying the latest advances in technology to tackle complex systemic challenges and respond nimbly to emergent global needs.
Experis is a global leader in matching talented professionals to a vast client network of admired companies of all sizes and industries.
The P-TECH model is a groundbreaking public education reform movement, encompassing over 200 schools around the globe. In the U.S., the grades 9-14 model combines high school with two-years of post-secondary studies. P-TECH is a unique three-way partnership between a high school, a community college and at least one industry partner. Students at P-TECH schools earn both their high school diploma and a free, industry-recognized, two-year postsecondary degree, as well as participate in a range of workplace experiences. Upon graduation, P-TECH students are ready to continue their education or be first-in-line for job interviews with their industry partner. P-TECH schools are open enrollment, however, typically serve disadvantaged students, and all have a relentless commitment to education access, equity and inclusion.
Industry partners provide a range of activities designed to ensure that all students are prepared to enter competitive, entry-level jobs or attend four-year colleges. These activities include serving on the school’s steering committee, managing and implementing workplace activities such as site visits, speakers, project days, paid internships, mentoring and hiring preparation. The continuum of this work is designed to help students connect what they are learning in school to real jobs, while developing future workplace skills, including problem solving, communication and critical thinking.
IBM, along with key education stakeholders, created this model in 2011. Within the growing model, IBM serves as lead industry partner for nearly 50 of the 200+ schools globally, with the other schools being led by more than 600 industry partners. More importantly, IBM continues to steward P-TECH replication around the world. IBM provides technical assistance across the network, and works to ensure the model’s implementation with quality, fidelity and impact.
IBM P-TECH Corps
IBM Industry Program Managers are highly qualified, emerging leaders who are passionate about education and committed to moving this innovative model forward. Program Managers are stationed primarily in the schools and serve a leading role in implementing IBM commitments, ensuring overall strong model implementation within the school and with its students. This is a unique and highly competitive growth opportunity, empowering the Program Manager to directly enable and impact school-based change, gain invaluable experience and learning with IBM, and build a reputation as a thought leader for public education reform.
The IBM P-TECH Corps program is a 2-3 year opportunity. An Industry Program Manager will benefit from:
- A wide professional network that includes, but is not limited to, IBM Industry Program Managers, IBM Corporate Social Responsibility Executives, IBM Managers, School District policy makers/leaders, Higher Education leaders and other organizations that partner with the P-TECH model.
- Developing a deep knowledge of Industry workforce development skills, managing strategic partnerships, and leading a global educational program.
- Developing a deep knowledge of IBMs technical/non-technical offerings utilized within education.
- Access to IBM learning platforms.
IBM Industry Program Managers should have:
- A bachelor’s degree; an advanced degree in relevant area is preferred.
- An ability to manage and plan large-scale education initiatives, develop and define the scope and resources needed for program delivery, and manage all other program data under tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical analysis in applying program management techniques.
- Deep understanding of regional education systems/structures, public policy processes and the role of government, especially related to education. An awareness of global and local education issues and strategies is a plus.
- An ability to manage multiple stakeholders and projects, effectively and simultaneously, to drive programs to successful completion.
- Experience working with socio-economically and ethnically diverse student populations.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with school personnel from students, classroom teachers, and district leadership. Also working with higher education personnel is a plus.
- Ability to use a range of workplace tools and techniques to identify, understand and interpret data which can change programs and/or provide solid evidence of results and impact.
- Excellent communication skills. Candidates must be able to communicate oral and written information, ideas and concepts at a leadership level to varied internal and external audiences.
- Experience managing a budget and creating forecast initiative expansion.
- An ability to work effectively in a corporate environment, within a school atmosphere, and remotely with a broad range of people.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
- Candidates will be required to provide examples of specific experiences of success in these areas in previous roles. Candidates will be required to be available for multiple interviews by the IBM Corporate Social Responsibility team.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, please complete this form: https://airtable.com/shrYBIqbWjFax2uZz
The password is: PTECH2021
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert