Position Type: Full-Time
Primary domain: Higher Education
Postal code: 94607
Country: United States
About College Track
College Track is a holistic college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program systematically removes the academic, financial, and social-emotional barriers that keep first-generation students from low-income communities from completing college and thriving in the workforce. Today, College Track serves more than 3,000 students across 12 communities in California, Colorado, Louisiana, and the D.C. Metro Area, with 750+ alumni leading a movement to democratize potential.
The Financial Analyst plays a key role on the College Track Finance team and will be responsible for analyzing financial data across the organization to support in budgeting, forecasting, reporting and ad-hoc analyses. The successful candidate will possess advance skill in Adaptive Planning and excel and be comfortable working with complex financial data, have an understanding of general accounting principles, experience using financial systems, and ability to form collaborative working relationships. The position reports to the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Partner with budget owners to establish budgets and build forecasts
- Own the relationship as business partner with 4-6 budget owners, leading quarterly and periodic budget meetings. Analyze monthly budget-actual results and forecasts across organization and provide summarized reports to budget owners.
- Support and lead aspects of the annual budgeting process including but not limited to calendaring and providing training (both technical and conceptual), documenting rationale and changes, providing analytics/metrics to facilitate target-setting and related decision-making, owning the consolidation and version control processes, producing online and offline reports for budget owners and producing final board presentation deck.
- Work cross-functionally with budget owners either as a team or one-on-one to provide general guidance and transactional information where needed to update ongoing forecasts. Includes areas of head-count/payroll and non-payroll variable expenses plus reasonableness checks on fixed expenses.
- Support Monthly Close
- Complete monthly variation analyses between actuals and projections, and work with Accounting to reconcile discrepancies in data.
- Work closely with Accounting to take part in the close process including loading actuals into forecasts (Adaptive Insights).
- Build and Maintain Dashboards/Reporting
- Build reports and dashboards online (Adaptive) or offline as needed.
- Maintain/update reports menu and listings with consistent naming convention and layout to facilitate navigating by all users.
- Support the preparation of financial reports for internal and external audiences (i.e. budget owners, donors, etc.)
- Optimize FP&A Process and Reporting Functionality
- Own the technical and maintenance responsibilities for budgeting software including formula adjustments, updating account mapping, updating personnel and fixed assets sheets for proper projection of payroll and depreciation.
- Address administrative issues such as user set-up and access. Maintain/build online reports as needed.
- Identify and lead process improvement efforts on team.
- Ad-hoc Analyses and Projects
- Perform financial analysis and develop fact-based recommendations to help make informed business decisions.
- Identify and call out issues affecting the organization’s operations, cash position and capital expenditures.
Skills & Experience Required
First and foremost, the Finance Analyst must embrace the College Track vision of transforming low-income communities into places where college readiness and college graduation are the norms. Additionally, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or related field required.
- Minimum 4-5 years of relevant experience (e.g. finance, financial analysis, economic analysis, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of Adaptive Planning, MS Excel and database skills required. Familiarity with Intacct a plus.
- High degree of competency in math and critical thinking with exceptional organizational skills.
- Operates with a high sense of urgency and responsiveness balanced by a need for providing accurate information based on strategic priorities.
- Extremely detail-oriented, well-organized, and structured in the creation and presentation of information.
- Ability to problem solve and focus on details without losing sight of the broader task.
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously; Uses sound judgment to prioritize and meet deadlines, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Exceptional communication skills with demonstrable ability to write effectively, speak persuasively, and listen attentively.
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability; can work within an ambitious, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solution.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply on our website!
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert