District Management Group
Position Type: Full-Time
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 02110
Country: United States
We leverage proven management techniques and education best practices to raise student outcomes.
While DMGroup’s headquarters are in Boston, MA this is a remote opportunity during the pandemic. Work from home opportunities will be assessed post-pandemic.
The District Management Group (“DMGroup”) partners with public school district leaders to help them improve student outcomes, operational efficiency, and resource allocation. School districts face a myriad of challenges – stagnant achievement results, budget crises, federal and state mandates, increasing accountability measures – and they need practical solutions that can be implemented quickly to get results.
he District Management Group was founded in 2004 with the goal of providing public school system leaders with superior strategic insights and practical solutions to the most common and pressing management challenges by combining educational and management best practices. DMGroup has become the trusted advisor to school district leaders across the country, helping them tackle their most important issues and achieve measurable results.
DMGroup believes that leadership and management matter in our public school system. By helping strengthen and increase the managerial capacity of the people leading school districts, DMGroup contributes to the systematic performance improvement of the American public education system. DMGroup offers a broad range of services and products to school district members, including:
- Membership services such as publications, conferences, and professional development sessions,
- Project-based consulting services, and
- Annual subscription-based technology solutions.
Through this combination of services, DMGroup works hand-in-hand with districts to produce tangible, sustainable outcomes. DMGroup is based in Boston with more than 20 employees and is experiencing rapid growth. Today, DMGroup member school districts serve more than 3.5 million students across 29 states. The District Management Group prides itself on its high rate of client satisfaction and success and having a talented team that is passionate about its mission. To learn more about DMGroup, please visit www.dmgroupk12.com.
The Administrative Assistant position offers an opportunity to play a critical role fulfilling our firm’s mission to improve public education. Assistants have a wide, evolving range of responsibilities, with opportunities to liaise with a number of internal teams. This role will be focused on supporting the schedules of key executives, as well as the administration, organization and coordination of office operations and procedures. You will work directly with managers and across the organization to develop and facilitate organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. The Administrative Assistant will work directly with respected leaders in public education as well as our growing and dynamic teams. The ideal candidate will be comfortable juggling multiple responsibilities and will represent the company and its values well both internally and externally.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As an Administrative Assistant your typical day may include:
- Coordinating meetings and conference calls, arranging travel and meeting logistics, and calendar/schedule maintenance.
- Corresponding with multiple vendors, clients, team members, and colleagues.
- Proactively supporting the many ongoing projects and initiatives of the Managing Director, such as corresponding with key district leaders about prospective work in districts, and helping with sales initiatives, all while always representing DMGroup consistently, accurately, and positively.
- Maintaining and contributing to office organization and general daily office tasks, including ordering of office supplies, kitchen supplies and weekly lunches.
- Assisting with planning of firm-wide events and casual gathering with team members.
- Collaborating with team members individually and as a team to reach goals and achieve initiatives. Representing DMGroup via written and spoken correspondence.
- Using software to maintain our growing database of members, client work, Technology Solutions products, and sales leads. Other responsibilities as needed and requested.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are humble and goal oriented. No job is too big or too small, whether it be restocking the fridge or helping the Managing Director get prepared for an important meeting, you do it all with grace and a smile on your face. You deeply understand that everything you do impacts DMGroup's ability to do well and to do good by our clients.
- You are an independent self-starter and a dedicated team member. You are comfortable working independently but understand your role and priorities in the context of the organization’s quarterly goals and overall mission. You can work on any project, with any team. You are driven to ensure your team succeeds and happy to play that part no matter how big or small.
- You are detail oriented. Tracking details and keeping things moving forward are high priorities for you. You are a problem solver who connects the dots between what is promised and what needs to be delivered and who helps people get things done on time and on budget.
- You have a passion for service. You have an infectious sense of possibility for what is possible in Public Education. You gain genuine pleasure from providing a level of service far beyond what is required, and who care deeply about improving our nations’ schools on behalf of students and families.
- You are a strong, intentional relationship builder and collaborative teammate. You thrive on bringing different stakeholders together around a common goal. You seek to understand different contributors’ motivations and enjoy finding creative ways of meeting multiple objectives. You shape relationships with an ethos of reciprocity.
Our ideal candidate should have/be able to:
- Bachelor’s degree required 2-3 years of previous relevant work experience
- Ability and willingness to navigate complex scheduling and calendar needs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to “getting things right the first time” and follow-through on tasks and responsibilities
- Highly organized with attention to detail and focus on excellence
- Ability to handle and protect sensitive information
- Ability to consult effectively with teams to identify and articulate key needs
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Office suite Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
- Flexibility with work schedule as events and initiatives may require it
- Flexibility to handle a varying array of tasks and responsibilities with confidence
- Experience with and/or strong interest in education reform
- Lift 10-20 pounds often and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Walk 1/4 mile occasionally to nearby vendors
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY
At District Management Group, we are committed to intentional discussion and experiences around race, inclusion, diversity, and equity. We believe our work in public education has the potential for transformational impact. In order to reach the impact, we envision, we know that we must continue to reflect on our own privilege and role in perpetuating inequity in order to take action towards a world where all students can thrive. To learn more about our company commitments, please visit this link.
DMGroup is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization, and to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. Candidates of color and from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. DMGroup does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To Apply: This search is being managed by TalentEd Advisors, a boutique executive search and talent strategy firm which partners with social justice-focused organizations. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter detailing their interest in our mission and qualifications for the position to: https://talentedadvisors.applytojob.com/apply/lIKJyfAPdj/DMConsulting-Administrative-Assistant-District-Management-Group?source=Bridgestar
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert