Position Type: Full-Time
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 02110
Country: United States
We leverage proven management techniques and education best practices to raise student outcomes.
While DMGroup’s headquarters are in Boston, MA this is a remote opportunity during the pandemic. Work from home opportunities will be assessed post-pandemic.
The District Management Group (“DMGroup”) partners with public school district leaders to help them improve student outcomes, operational efficiency, and resource allocation. School districts face a myriad of challenges – stagnant achievement results, budget crises, federal and state mandates, increasing accountability measures – and they need practical solutions that can be implemented quickly to get results.
The District Management Group was founded in 2004 with the goal of providing public school system leaders with superior strategic insights and practical solutions to the most common and pressing management challenges by combining educational and management best practices. DMGroup has become the trusted advisor to school district leaders across the country, helping them tackle their most important issues and achieve measurable results. DMGroup believes that leadership and management matter in our public school system. By helping strengthen and increase the managerial capacity of the people leading school districts, DMGroup contributes to the systematic performance improvement of the American public education system. DMGroup offers a broad range of services and products to school district members, including:
- Membership services such as publications, conferences, and professional development sessions
- Project-based consulting services, and
- Annual subscription-based technology solutions.
Through this combination of services, DMGroup works hand-in-hand with districts to produce tangible, sustainable outcomes. DMGroup is based in Boston with more than 20 employees and is experiencing rapid growth. Today, DMGroup member school districts serve more than 3.5 million students across 29 states. The District Management Group prides itself on its high rate of client satisfaction and success and having a talented team that is passionate about its mission. To learn more about DMGroup, please visit www.dmgroupk12.com.
We are recruiting Associates to join our consulting team in our Boston office. The position offers an opportunity to focus on the most strategic, high impact issues that school systems face and to work directly with respected leaders in K-12 public education. The role also presents a rich developmental opportunity, including coaching from seasoned leaders with experience in running school systems, founding companies, and working at top-tier private sector consulting firms.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a first year Associate, your typical day may include:
- Supporting team leads as they develop multi-year strategies for our client school districts by collecting data, conducting analysis and focus groups as well as developing key recommendations.
- Supporting team leads in the successful implementation of strategy while working across multiple client school districts through effective project management and regular communication.
- Conducting primary and secondary research to expand our library of district case studies, best practices and rigorous analytical frameworks designed specifically for school districts.
- Providing feedback and ideas to our software solutions team as they develop technology products to embed reform in our client districts.
- Working collaboratively with internal staff to ensure the continued growth and effectiveness of DMGroup's programs, including our membership network and events, research and publications, software, and consulting.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are ambitious and tenaciously goal oriented. You thrive with ambitious goals and metrics ahead of you, and you won’t stop until they’re met. You’re humble which means that no job is too big or small for you.
- You are an independent self-starter and a dedicated team member. You are comfortable working independently but understand your role and priorities in the context of the organization’s quarterly goals and overall mission. You can work on any project, with any team. You are humble and driven to ensure your team succeeds.
- You are detail oriented. Tracking details and keeping things moving forward are high priorities for you. You are a problem solver who connects the dots between what is promised and what needs to be delivered and who helps people get things done on time and on budget.
- You have an analytical mind and love solving problems. Problem-solving is the name of your game. You possess the curiosity and force of intellect to take complex problems, conduct rigorous analyses, and present solutions in simple and concise terms. You derive joy from brainstorming with teammates and call Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint among your favorite programs.
- You have a passion for service. You have an infectious sense of possibility for what is possible in Public Education. You gain genuine pleasure from providing a level of service far beyond what is required, and who care deeply about improving our nations’ schools on behalf of students and families.
- You are a strong, intentional relationship builder and collaborative teammate. You thrive on bringing different stakeholders together around a common goal. You seek to understand different contributors’ motivations and enjoy finding creative ways of meeting multiple objectives. You shape relationships with an ethos of reciprocity.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY
At District Management Group, we are committed to intentional discussion and experiences around race, inclusion, diversity, and equity. We believe our work in public education has the potential for transformational impact. In order to reach the impact, we envision, we know that we must continue to reflect on our own privilege and role in perpetuating inequity in order to take action towards a world where all students can thrive. To learn more about our company commitments, please visit this link.
DMGroup is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization, and to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. Candidates of color and from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. DMGroup does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
This search is being managed by Axis Talent Partners, a boutique executive search and talent strategy firm which partners with social justice-focused organizations. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter detailing their interest in our mission and qualifications for the position to: https://talentedadvisors.applytojob.com/apply/OGCcjkr2Dc/DMConsulting-Associate-District-Management-Group?source=Bridgestar
Posted By: TalentED Advisors
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert