Position Type: Full-Time
Function: General Management
Primary domain: Education
City: East Harlem
Postal code: 10029
State: New York
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schoolsgrowing our organizations impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Network - Network Leadership
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
The Elementary School Principal-in-Residence (PIR) will work closely with a current DREAM principal as the academic and cultural leader of a school while preparing to launch a new DREAM elementary school during the 2022-23 school year, upon successful completion of the residency. This is an ideal opportunity for a dynamic, high-achieving educator to drive their job-embedded professional development and the growth of DREAM's unique school model to provide more students with rigorous academics coupled with social-emotional enrichment.
- Refine and create systems and routines to launch a new elementary school aligned to DREAM's educational philosophy, including a rich, engaging and rigorous curriculum and high-expectations, supportive school culture;
- Recruit and select a team of teachers and support staff in partnership with the Talent team;
- Collaborate with the Student Recruitment and Family Engagement teams to lead the recruitment of a diverse student body;
- Study and internalize DREAM's Elementary School curriculum;
- Collaborate with the School Leadership Team to learn and implement DREAM's observation and feedback systems and lead professional development for teachers;
- Serve as an instructional coach for a designated group of teachers;
- Collaborate with the Chief Education Officer and Managing Director of Schools to create and prepare to execute a comprehensive school readiness plan;
- Develop meaningful relationships with DREAM students and their families;
- Ensure high levels of student achievement and rigorous instruction;
- Develop and implement school policies as a member of DREAM's School Leadership Team;
- Build a shared vision among all teachers of skillful instruction;
- Lead teacher development and on-going improvement of high-quality instruction through a variety of strategies, including lesson observations, regular review of data, collaborative planning and inquiry, and coaching and mentoring;
- Develop and train teachers to become content experts through both internal and external professional development opportunities;
- Systematically use multiple data sources to drive instruction, curriculum, professional development and student supports;
- Create a tiered program of responsive support to ensure the success of all students with learning needs;
- Build strong and responsive special education programming to ensure success in school for students with special needs, including compliance with special education laws;
- Collaborate with the School Leadership Team to drive the implementation of extended school day activities.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree in Educational Leadership preferred;
- Extensive classroom teaching experience with evidence of driving strong academic outcomes, preferably in a high-performing charter school setting;
- 2+ years of academic and/or school culture leadership experience with a track record of driving results;
- Extensive knowledge of best practices in classroom management and instructional strategies with emphasis on literacy and mathematics;
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and an understanding of adult learning strategies to provide mentoring and coaching;
- Successful experience in leading professional development in large group, small group and one-on-one settings, preferred;
- Ability to use a variety of data sources to drive instruction;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with faculty, staff, peers, and parents;
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/RDryKJUj8WKKC6zbCOxoy
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert