Senior Manager, Policy and Advocacy
Position Type: Full-Time
Primary domain: Advocacy/Social Action
City: New York
Postal code: 10012
State: New York
Country: United States
Women Deliver is a leading global advocate that champions gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women. Our advocacy drives investment – political and financial – in the lives of girls and women worldwide. We harness evidence and unite diverse voices to spark commitment to gender equality. And we get results. Anchored in sexual and reproductive health, we advocate for the rights of girls and women across every aspect of their lives. We know that investing in girls and women will deliver progress for all.
Summary of the Position:
The Senior Manager, in this new role, serves as an external focal point for key Women Deliver policy partnerships, multilateral engagement, advisory committees, events, and the next Women Deliver Conference. The Senior Manager will lead in the development and advancement of policy strategies related to the following portfolio of issues: global health, health systems strengthening, the health workforce, universal health coverage, COVID-19 response and recovery with a gender lens, and gender-based violence. The Senior Manager is also expected to work with colleagues who work on other relevant topics related to gender equality, sexual and reproductive health and rights, women’s economic justice and rights, and the resiliency of women in climate action. The Senior Manager will report to Director of Policy and Advocacy and work with colleagues on the policy and advocacy team as well as with colleagues across the organization.
- Working alongside the Director of Policy and Advocacy, Women Deliver colleagues, and partners to support direct advocacy efforts with leaders from multilateral, regional, and bilateral entities on policy change and implementation. Serve as a representative of Women Deliver in key meetings.
- Working alongside the Director of Policy and Advocacy to review multilateral, regional, and bilateral strategy documents and guidelines; and providing technical input to adapt and enhance the strategies so they are gender transformative and include the perspectives of the communities the strategies and guidelines are designed to serve.
- Supporting the Director of Policy and Advocacy on the development and execution of multi-year and annual advocacy strategies and workplans that leverage policy windows to influence policy areas related to the Senior Manager’s portfolio of issues.
- Serving as an external focal point for key task forces and coalitions related to their portfolio of issues on behalf of Women Deliver and supporting the Director of Policy and Advocacy on the advisory roles on matters related to the Senior Manager’s portfolio of issues.
- Maintaining, strengthening, and growing strategic partnerships with organizations, coalitions and/or alliances related the Senior Manager’s portfolio of issues.
- Leading Women Deliver’s work at the global and regional levels in coalition building and engagement, as related to the Senior Manager portfolio of issues. Managing the day-to-day policy and advocacy work related to the Senior Manager’s portfolio of issues – including developing, implementing, and tracking policy and advocacy strategies and activities.
- Leading on the development and execution of policy and advocacy events related to key UN moments and other relevant multilateral and regional convenings.
- Leading in the strategy conceptualization, preparation and response to key advocacy moments and conferences, and policy windows, where Women Deliver is engaging that are related to Senior Manager’s portfolio of issues.
- Supporting the Women Deliver conference planning on conference initiatives related to the work of the policy and advocacy team as well as the Senior Manager’s portfolio of issues.
- Supporting Women Deliver’s advisory roles on matters related to Senior Manager’s portfolio of issues.
- Supporting in the development of donor proposal for funding, donor reports, and monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL).
- Working alongside colleagues to support Women Deliver’s transformation work to be an anti-racist, diverse and inclusive organization; ensuring the values of the transformation is embedded in the organization and Women Deliver’s advocacy priorities and approaches; incorporating the transformation in their programs and in their own professional development; and supporting the changing culture of Women Deliver.
- Liaising closely with colleagues on the Policy and Advocacy Team and across other teams, including Deliver for Good, Youth Engagement Team, Communications Team, Conference Team, Finance Team, and Office of the President in the pursuit and execution of the activities outlined above. [i] The Senior Manager will lead in the development and advancement of policy strategies related to the following portfolio of issues: global health, health systems strengthening, the health workforce, universal health coverage, COVID-19 response and recovery with a gender lens, and gender-based violence.
View our full list of qualifications on the careers page of our website at www.womendeliver.org
View the list of all our benefits on our careers page at the Women Deliver website. www.womendeliver.org
$100k - 120k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Send a resume/CV and cover letter to [email protected]
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert