Vice President for Environmental Justice
Conservation Law Foundation
Position Type: Full-Time
Primary domain: Environment
Postal code: 02110
Country: United States
We use the law, science, and the market to create solutions that preserve our natural resources, build healthy communities, and sustain a vibrant economy.
About the Organization:
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A non-profit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science, and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems, from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders—in statehouses, courthouses, board rooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings—to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF partners with community organizations and communities that have been economically marginalized or disproportionately harmed by the impact of environmental degradation.
About the Role:
Building on our environmental justice work with communities and community partners, the Vice President of Environmental Justice (VP for EJ) will partner with the executive team, advocates, and program and state leaders to develop and implement a clear and bold vision and strategy for CLF’s environmental justice advocacy.
Reporting to the President and with a focus on strengthening and expanding our relationships in the community, the VP for EJ will lead a team of advocates to advance environmental justice in close collaboration with, and informed by, communities and partners bearing disproportionate environmental harms and inequitable sharing of environmental benefits. The VP for EJ will also work to build a culture and consciousness of environmental justice internally, working to ensure that environmental justice is fully integrated as a priority across the organization’s programs and states, aligns with CLF’s mission and anti-racist work, and is adequately resourced.
What you’ll do:
- Refine the vision and implementation strategy for CLF’s environmental justice work, ensuring both are aligned with the organization’s strategic priorities;
- Advance CLF’s environmental justice strategy by developing cases, program initiatives, and campaigns that are informed by the affected communities and aligned with CLF’s priorities;
- Build on and deepen relationships with communities and community-facing advocacy organizations;
- Partner with leadership and the development team to secure foundation and individual giving support for the work throughout New England; and
- Collaborate with CLF leadership and colleagues in integrating environmental justice priorities and concerns into programs and states across the organization.
What you’ll need:
- Experience doing environmental justice work in close partnership with communities and community-facing organizations;
- Extensive knowledge of the environmental justice movement regionally and nationally;
- Relationships, connections, and credibility within the environmental justice advocacy community;
- Experience in working effectively with community partners and prioritizing community outreach;
- Experience developing cases, projects, and campaigns that expand or make effective use of laws and policies to protect and raise up historically disinvested communities of color and low income communities of color;
- Demonstrated skills in management and collaboration; and
- A law degree and bar admission (or eligibility for admission) in a New England State preferred.
CLF embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are dedicated to forming a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
This search is being managed by Axis Talent Partners, a boutique executive search and talent strategy firm which partners with social justice-focused organizations. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter detailing their interest in our mission and qualifications for the position to: https://axistalentpartners.applytojob.com/apply/j6DoOxqk9b/Vice-President-For-Environmental-Justice-Conservation-Law-Foundation?source=Bridgestar
Posted By: Axis Talent Partners
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert