This Policy does not cover Bridgespan’s confidentiality and privacy obligations to the employers and search firms that submit job listings and related employment information to Bridgespan in connection with recruiting services. Such obligations are governed by a separate written agreement between each of the employers and search firms and Bridgespan. This Policy also does not apply to the practices of unrelated third-party service providers or companies accessed through links provided for your convenience from the Sites.
What information we collect
Bridgespan, or a service provider operating on Bridgespan's behalf, collects certain Nonpublic Personal Information ("NPI") which is submitted by you when you register as a User on the Sites. You may also submit NPI to Bridgespan when you apply through the Sites for a job opening at Bridgespan itself, or when you reply via the Sites to an employer that has posted a job on the Recruiting Platform. The NPI may include, but may not be limited to:
- Your name
- Name of employer
- Home or office mailing address
- E-mail address
- Telephone, cellular and fax numbers
- Credit card information (if applicable).
When we disclose your nonpublic personal information
Bridgespan does not disclose NPI to any third party, except for the purposes of providing the Services to you, or as otherwise disclosed in this Policy. Specifically, we may share the NPI that we collect with the following entities:
- To service providers with whom we subcontract, including those who host and maintain the Sites, fulfillment companies who distribute our materials or handle billing for certain services
- If you apply for a job on the Recruiting Platform, to the employer or agency that advertises the job, and to third parties that may search our database of job applicants
- To government agencies and law enforcement officials, when we are required to do so to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or when Bridgespan in its sole discretion, believes it is required or appropriate in order to comply with the law
- We also reserve the right to disclose NPI in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Bridgespan's Terms and Conditions or other agreements, or as otherwise required or permitted by law. If Bridgespan merges with another organization, your NPI will be acquired by that organization.
Disclosures that you control
You should be aware that your User Name may be displayed throughout the Sites and therefore may be available to the public. All of your activities on the Sites may ultimately be traceable to your User Name. Other people can see your submissions and your postings to publicly-accessible sections of the Sites. Therefore, if you associate your given name with your User Name, people who know you will be able to identify your activities and comments on the Sites. Bridgespan is not responsible or liable for the consequences of this disclosure by you.
How we use your nonpublic personal information within Bridgespan
Bridgespan uses NPI collected from Users in order to administer the Services requested by you, to make the Sites more useful, to respond to your queries, and to inform Users of new products and services offered on the Sites. We also may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and administer the Sites.
Your Internet Protocol address and information regarding the web pages on the Sites that you visit, or that linked to the Sites, may also be used to gather broad demographic information, interests, and behavior so that we may better understand our Users. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve the Sites’ design and functionality. Bridgespan may share aggregated demographic, product usage, or traffic pattern information for marketing purposes with other organizations, but these statistics will include no NPI. Except as noted above, your NPI will not be shared with other organizations for marketing purposes without your consent.
Although the Sites have security measures in place to protect against unauthorized access to and the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control, we cannot guarantee that such security measures will be sufficient, will not be breached, and that your NPI, Private Information, or other information may not be disclosed or otherwise accessed in an unauthorized manner. Certain information, including NPI and Private Information, may be transmitted by you and to you by unsecured electronic mail. Although it may be illegal to intercept or disclose these messages, these transmissions are not secured.
How to review and update your information
Bridgespan provides methods of updating your information and contact preferences. You may update your information and contact preferences online, or write, e-mail, or telephone us with changes to your information and contact preferences.
You may at any time request not to be contacted by Bridgespan. "Opt out" requests should be sent to the address indicated on the materials sent by Bridgespan or by replying to the email in which such material was sent, or by telephone to Bridgespan Customer Service. Please note that Bridgespan Customer Service may ask you to follow up your request in writing, for our records.
Linked Internet websites
Revisions to this Policy