November 7, 2023 12:00 PM EST
Philanthropy’s Role in Reparations and Building a Culture of Racial Repair
While there’s been an uptick in commitments of funding to advance racial equity, few are directly aimed at effecting reparations.
Yet, for funders who believe in racial equity and aspire to a thriving multiracial democracy, reparations for Black people and building a culture of repair is essential to reach that goal.
Watch this on-demand webinar to hear from co-authors of “Philanthropy’s Role in Reparations and Building a Culture of Racial Repair,” (Bridgespan.org, 2023) and “A Reparations Roadmap for Philanthropy,” (SSIR, 2023). They will discuss:
- What we mean by reparations and building a culture of racial repair
- How philanthropy is uniquely positioned to resource the movement for reparations in at community, state and national levels
- Modern movements for reparations and how philanthropy can plug in
- A helpful framework offering a way to think about racial repair and the many entry points to this work
- A Reparations Roadmap for Philanthropy
- Philanthropy’s Role in Reparations and Building a Culture of Racial Repair
- Reparations Polling Roundup: The last 25 years
- Reparations Movement Profiles
- Why Is Philanthropy Afraid to Talk About Reparations