Below is an excerpt from our leadership diagnostic survey. Are these statements true of your organization? If yes, then you probably have a good understanding of your organization’s future leadership needs. If no, consider taking the steps we describe in "Three Steps to Understanding Your Nonprofit’s Future Leadership Needs" to gain greater clarity.
- The skills and competencies required to become a successful leader at various levels of the organization are clear.
- We have an understanding of the leadership capacity (e.g., skills and competencies, roles, and number of individuals) our organization will need three to five years from now in order to achieve strategic goals.
- Our employees are systematically evaluated both on their current performance and their potential to move into leadership roles.
- We have identified potential successors for critical positions.
- Where successors are not in place, we have plans in place to address the gaps.