- What do you think the leadership team of your department/division is going to look like in three years?
- Do you think we have the internal talent you will need to execute over the next three years? For which positions are we likely to need to look externally?
- Do you talk to your direct reports about their aspirations and development needs and incorporate these in their development plans? Are they doing the same with the staff they manage?
- What actions are you taking to develop your direct reports? Where do you need help?
- Is there anything that’s working particularly well – and that we should share with the rest of the senior team?
- What are you doing to develop yourself?
- What can I do to help you with your development or development of your staff?
January 15, 2016
Questions the CEO Should Ask Each Senior Team Member to Spur Plan A Thinking
By asking the following key questions, the CEO can engage its senior leadership team in creating a leadership development process that considers the development of today’s internal talent and the organization’s needs for the future.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license are available in our Terms and Conditions.