Rajashree Birla serves as the director of several major companies in the Aditya Birla Group, including Aditya Birla Nuvo, UltraTech Cement Ltd., Grasim, and Hindalco. She also spearheads the group’s corporate social responsibility through the Aditya Birla Centre for Community Initiatives and Rural Development. The centre focuses on rural development, education, healthcare, and sanitation, with an emphasis on holistic community development. In recognition of her philanthropic efforts, Mrs. Birla was awarded the Padma Bhushan in 2011.
- Rajashree Birla describes the evolution of the Birlas' giving and corporate social responsibility
- Rajashree Birla on what has motivated her philanthropy
- Rajashree Birla describes the Birla approach to corporate social responsibility
- Rajashree Birla says polio eradication work has been the "most gratifying"
- Four pillars undergird corporate social responsibility success, says Rajashree Birla
- Rajashree Birla on putting "people first" in corporate social responsibility
- Focus on skill building and nation building, Rajashree Birla advises corporates
- Rajashree Birla on the power of partnering with NGOs