Racial Equity Working Group
The Racial Equity Working Group (REWG) promotes a racial equity mindset at Bridgespan, both internally and in our work with others. The REWG supports all staff on the journey of expanding their knowledge and improving their ability to discuss issues of race and racism.
- Builds awareness of the ways that race and racial equity play out in key areas of our work through guest speakers, book clubs, and other opportunities
- Nurtures a community of practice among staff to study, analyze, and discuss issues of race and racism in a safe and productive environment
- Provides role models who demonstrate how to have productive conversations and build conscious community around issues of race and equity
- Keeps a pulse on potential opportunities or barriers to developing a racial equity mindset in each office
- Collaborates with leadership to define our core beliefs about racial equity
- Supports recruitment and retention of people who can contribute to our community of practice
- Provides space for staff to grieve and process relevant current events
For more information, please contact our Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Raël Nelson James, at rae[email protected].