INR 120 crores (USD 18.5 million) over five years (Tata Trusts’ contribution)
Rural livelihoods—tribal communities
Support community-driven development
Lakhpati Kisan helps to advance development in economically distressed communities in the Central India Belt by engaging with community members and motivating them to drive change.
- Bharat Rural Livelihoods Foundation
- Infosys Foundation
- Tata Communications
Lakhpati Kisan focuses on marginalized tribal communities in high poverty areas (Gujarat, Maharashtra, Odisha, and Jharkhand), using a community-led approach that addresses a wide range of their needs to dramatically improve the incomes of farming families. To date, it has reached approximately 100,000 households across 800 villages and helped create nearly 20,000 Lakhpati Kisans (households with an income of over INR 120,000).
Download the Full Profile
- Mobilize around a clear, meaningful goal
- Collaborate with the broader ecosystem of funders/partners for greater impact
- Empower the community to lead
- Involve the “doers” in the decision making
- Adapt continuously and course correct based on realities on the ground