Nandan Nilekani, Omidyar Network, Tata Trusts, and Google
INR 52 crores (USD 7.8 million) to date
Build a field:
eGov’s DIGIT platform strengthens municipal service agencies and improves urban Indians’ quality of life.
- Vassar Labs
- National Institute of Urban Affairs
By incorporating both government-focused and citizen-focused technology solutions in DIGIT, eGov has developed a 360-degree solution to India’s urban governance problem. In addition, DIGIT’s open-source technology allows for the rapid creation of new modules, in partnership with a wide array of software developers. To date, DIGIT has been deployed in five states—Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, and Uttar Pradesh—delivering enhanced services to 40 million urban citizens.
Download the Full Profile
- Establish a scalable model to enable widespread adoption
- Partner with government officials who are committed to mobilizing change
- Invest in efforts to increase public awareness and adoption
- Build solutions that address the needs of all stakeholders
- Use the expertise of partner organizations to drive impact
- Use data-driven feedback loops to improve program efficacy